Friday 4 August 2017

A better evening but I need sleep!

Last night went much much better than the previous one.  I managed to keep the wine witch pretty much quiet.  A trigger, I think, for me is cooking tea.  When the hubby was at home either having a day off or following an early shift, I would clock watch until 6pm (officially wine o'clock).  I'd drink my first glass and get on with cooking the tea.  Following my battle with the wine witch the evening before, I changed tack.  Knowing it would just be myself and the hubby for tea I decided to buy food I could chuck in the oven and the microwave so I avoided the supermarket and went to M & S instead (they don't have tempting cans or bottles of booze at the end of each and every aisle.... Although there are bottles of Prosecco amongst the pizzas).  After, I found a film on Netflix to watch and the night seemed to pass fairly quickly... Before I knew it, it was 11pm.

Now, here is another of my little problems.  I had hoped very much that quitting the booze would help me sleep much better.  Absolutely not the case.  Yes, I can stay awake for much much longer, but  I am so restless during the night and I'm waking up several times.  I did buy and have tried some Nytol, but they just give me restless feet and hands.  I suspect the problem is that using alcohol to get me to sleep (or partially comatose more like it) has been part of my life for so long that my body doesn't yet have the ability to sleep properly without the aid of alcohol.  Whilst I wake in the morning  feeling slightly shitty, grumpy and still tired at least I'm not hungover or still slightly pissed.  After 15 minutes and a cup of coffee I start to feel alive.  I'm hopeful that a full peaceful nights sleep will happen soon.

At least tomorrow (Saturday), I can have a lie in!

No comments:

Post a Comment