Thursday 19 April 2018

I LOVE sober mornings!

This morning, I feel like the picture above - sun-shiny, bright, smiley - happy! 

I woke gently this morning to bird song and one of my favourite Madonna songs 'Live to Tell' playing on the alarm radio.  The sun is shining and it feels like summer is finally coming.

Today, we are forecast to have a high temperature of around 23c.  In my part of the UK this is positively a heatwave. 

I think for the reasons above, I feel almost like I am walking on air (I know, that seems a little far fetched - but I am in such a good mood this morning!)  and I have again realised yet another fantasic bonus of being sober:  Mornings like this. 

Before, I would have been awake since 3am.  I would have probably have given in and gotten up.  I would have felt like shite - headachey and sluggish.  I would have also looked like shite, but I would have been planning the drinking day ahead. 

This morning, I took a good look in the mirror with a smile on my face.  My eyes are bright, my skin is clear and has a healthy look to it and my hair looks like I've been dragged through a hedge - but healthy.

But, I know that I feel this good because I am sober. 

I feel 'normal'   ..... I am thinking about alcohol less and less which is a good thing.  I also had to work back to find out how many days I have been sober:  285 days!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on 285 days. Love the smiley sun. Hope the day has continued as bright as it started for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you! I love it when I have days like this, I wish they'd be all like that, but such is life. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete